Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Best. Comment. EVER.

Ok, I need to confess something. M and I watched about 10 minutes, give or take, of Skating with the Stars. We thought Castle was going to be on 9, like always... that's "our" show, along with Modern Family (but we can't watch that every week because sometimes C is still awake, or M is still driving home).

Anyway, I wanted to keep the skating show on for a few minutes so I could see who was skating.

And so I could practice my own (rudimentary) skating moves on the Oriental rug. I'm not ashamed. I totally did some of those leg-extension spins and some straight leg gliding. The rug is great because it has very low friction. This took me back to when I was watching the Olympics this year, and practicing my moves once the kids went to bed. But I digress...

Back to my story now.


I went to the Entertainment Weekly website to see how the celebrity (mostly of a non-celebrated-caliber of celebrity, actually) skaters did, and what the overall perception of the show was. I skimmed through the comments, and came across this gem:

I was looking forward to it, but had to turn it off after my family wouldn’t stop laughing at “all those ugly people”. My neighbours also got quite annoyed (probably because they are hideous) and started hurling abuse at us. Hey, it’s not our fault you all look like beavers. If you are reading this Julie Edwards I hope you feel ashamed because now my daughter knows 2 more swear words. And don’t worry hun we are leaving the apartments soon so we don’t have to deal with trash like you.

Seriously? Best. Comment. EVER.


P.S. I couldn't resist linking to past skating, rug, and Olympic posts. Who knew I wrote about that stuff enough to link it?


P.P.S. I should have given the credit for that above comment to "Sue." Thank you, Sue, for that wonderfully random gem of a rant about your neighbors. It was terrible, but I laughed anyway. I have to say I feel somewhat sorry for the "Julie Edwards" family now, wherever they may be.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahah I love this post!!! Hilarious! :)

    I always like practicing "skating moves"...and noticed before reading your "ps" that there were lots of linked, and that made me laugh too! haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails