Monday, November 8, 2010

An open letter to The Powers That Be

To whom it may concern:

Would you mind terribly if the person who decided that "Fall Back" was a good idea could call me? Or rather, could he or she please call my children?

They seem to have missed the memo that the time has changed.

It would be helpful if this Fall-Back person could explain that while waking up at 6 am (children, not me-- I'm always awake by then) was somewhat acceptable, waking up at 5 am (children AND adults here... I get up at FIVE-FIFTEEN, not FIVE O'CLOCK) is not acceptable. I need time to have half a cup of coffee before it's time to be "on" for the rest of the day.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Lisa

PS Could Mr./Ms. Fall-Back please call before tomorrow morning? Thanks again.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Fall-Back,
    School teachers who go to school in the dark every morning appreciate the few weeks of daylight they get to experience in November. Getting up at 5:15 and being at school in the dark at 6:45 is just cruel. However, the daylight is appreciated. In fact, my first block sleepy teenagers were more awake today. (comatose vs. semi-comatose [any improvement is welcome]) Thank you for the time change, and keep up the good work. I look forward to hearing from you next year.

    Sincerely,
    Marilyn Byrum
    English IIIAP
    Mansfield High School

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL to both of you! I can't stand fall-back! I LOVE sunlight in the evenings and LONG days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should move to Arizona. We don't change clocks, ever. We just snicker at those of you who do, and then we try to remember if it's now three hours from the east coast or only two?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails