1. So, anyone else wanting to move to Canada after watching the NBC opening ceremony coverage of the Olympics? I sure do. I've already gotten my clothes ready to pack in a suitcase. OK, really I just folded the laundry and set it on the couch to put away later, but those clothes could conceivably get packed and shipped to Canada.
2. I have a total Olympic-season-specific crush on Bob Costas. This has been going on since the 1996 Olympics, so Bob and I are celebrating our 14-year crush anniversary this year. Maybe I should send him flowers for Valentine's Day? Maybe not. I should probably wait for our 20th crush anniversary.
3. I know you're going to think that I'm a USA traitor, but I think it's completely presumptuous that Americans think that the USA should always win a medal. In every event. Even if it's curling or some other ridiculous event. I mean, I'm always proud when we win, and I root for the USA, but sometimes it's just a bit much. Spread the wealth, guys-- everyone wants to make their country proud and bring home the gold.
4. I totally want one of those USA Opening Ceremony ski caps. It's $75. Maybe Bob Costas will send me one??
5. The shot of the snowboarder Johnny Lyall coming down the mountain while the announcer was reading the Olympic sites was WAY COOL. Dang, I wish it had snowed big here. I'd be out practicing my own non-existent snowboarding moves.
6. We need Mounties in the US. I'm digging the outfits. And Canada's flag must be much easier to draw for kindergarten students than the US flag. Note: These thoughts are only related if you're watching the coverage and realize that the Mounties brought the flag into the arena.
7. I think I would do a much better job of singing "O Canada" as opposed to "The Star-Spangled Banner." The notes seem much more likely to be hit by my already-off-key singing voice.
8. Not into the ice sculpture blessings or whatever that was. I was ok with the whole thing until the totems raised their arms. I may have creepy dreams now tonight. I did, however, really like the free-style aboriginal dancing.
9. Thoughts on clothing: (Once I can find pics online, I'm going to add them. ESPECIALLY the Azerbaijan pants)
Bermuda wearing Bermuda shorts= awesome
Czech Republic pants= would have been awesome if I hadn't just seen Azerbaijan
Estonia outfit= awesome, but slightly girly. I feel bad for the guys. The snowflakes are a nice touch.
Finland= not awesome, mostly because there's a random guy in jeans... what happened to his pants?
France= fabulous. The outfits are ok, but I just love the French, no matter what my father-in-law and husband would say about that.
Germany's gender-coded outfits= possibly my favorite so far. They're just kind of fun.
India's hats= awesome
Ireland's pants= needed not to be in Hi-Def
Israel= now my favorite outfit. The track suit's ok, but I love the color.
Italy= wait... I like this classy look, too
Kazakhstan= ties with Israel for my favorite colored outfit
Lithuania green coat and scarf= ooh... I like
Monaco= CUTE sweaters on the guys and jacket on the girl. Good move, Monaco.
Mongolia flag-bearer= awesome
Montenegro= I just like how they held up scarves to remind people who they are
Pakistan= ok outfit, but with only 1 competitor and the other 3 guys, I thought they were adorable and wanted to give them props.
Peru= made me say "oooh!" Great jackets and hats.
Russian jackets and trucker hats= funny
Slovakia= I have that exact outfit. I love it! The crazy thing is... I'm Slovakian. Hmm... coincidence? I think not.
Slovenia jackets= what is it about the green jackets? I love them! And I'm wearing a T-shirt in the same shade now.
Sweden knit caps= please? For my birthday?
Switzerland= I'm pretty sure some other country is wearing the exact same thing...
Ukraine= I didn't like it when they first came out, but the outfits are already growing on me
USA= the hats and sweaters are awesome, but I feel bad for the girls in the white pants. What was Ralph Lauren thinking? These are skaters and skiers with toned but bigger legs (their words, not mine). Hmm... just realized you can't see the sweaters under the puffy jackets. Trust me-- they're nice.
Canada= nothing too spectacular here, but they look really warm and will probably get the most post-Olympic use out of their outfits. I'd wear it.
10. I feel terrible for the Georgian team, after having a luge competitor die today. They don't seem to know whether to smile or not now. I'm sure they're feeling conflicted, being at THE OLYMPICS (emphasis mine) and also being sad about a teammate.
11. Wow-- the Hungarians are all really good-looking. Who knew. And how are there not more competitors from Iceland? This is the Winter Olympics.
12. Norway is the all-time Winter Olympic medals winner. Hmm. That's a fun fact.
13. I'm finding this snow/glowing bear/breaking glacier thing more than a little odd. And I really hope that Matt Lauer was the one who made the "60,000-seat snow globe" comment... I don't think my dear Bob Costas would make such an inane remark. (Nope... went back and checked it out... Bob did make that inane comment. Sigh.) And those salmon are also way-creepy, for the record. Do they have teeth????
14. I like the tap dancing. Don't get the outfits or the sparks coming off the shoes, but I like the dancing. And the fiddles. But I'm not sure why they also have Irish dancing... and punk outfits. And a random running circus performer. And flying skiers who have been skiing for what seems like forever. And someone that I should perhaps recognize who is going on about Canada.
Punk Celtic fiddler
Flying/running (child?) acrobat/circus performer
15. Yawn. This is going on for a LONG time. Both kids are now in bed. The baby watched with me for a while and then decided he'd rather hit the hay.
16. Since Wayne Gretzky didn't help carry in the Olympic flag, it seems like a safe bet that he'll be the final torch bearer. Good grief... how much longer until that torch gets here???? Ah, finally. And... it's Gretzky. Wow. Didn't see that coming... or not.
17. Need a laugh? This is funny stuff. It's just about what I was thinking.


No comments:
Post a Comment