Friday, September 17, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 9)


1. This will likely get a post unto itself at some point, but if you smell dog mess, even if you can't see it, NEVER assume that it's a dog toot. You WILL step in it. With BOTH feet. On the 100% wool authentic ORIENTAL RUG.

2. I'm always surprised by the anti-Catholic hatred that is spewed around the time of papal visits. In this case, our Pope is in the UK now. Their newspaper comment sections are filled with absolute disgust for this man, and for our faith in general. I honestly can't comprehend the hatred of the Church and one of her servants.

3. My brother-in-law just clued us in to Arrested Development, which we're able to watch on our streaming Netflix. It's soooo funny! It's been a nice kids-are-in-bed-and-we-can-snuggle show to watch. Since it only lasts about 22 minutes, we can watch one or two easily without staying up too late.


4. This probably should have been #1, but... LAUREN AND HER HUSBAND HAVE A BABY! Welcome, Abigail Chiara! We all love you, precious girl! Please continue to pray for this new family and the birth family.

5. Cloth diapering has, thus far, gone pretty well. H was soaking last night, though, at a 1 am feeding. I'm not sure what happened. The thing I have to remind myself when I get discouraged by leaks, is that they used to happen with disposable diapers, too. They've rarely happened with cloth diapers at night when I have a hemp insert in there with the regular insert, though, so I really have no idea what went wrong... it didn't even seem very soaked in the diaper itself! Maybe I didn't do a good job adjusting it just right???

6. While I would rather have been outside with my family under more pleasant circumstances, I had a great time last night on the driveway, washing the Oriental rug (see #1). I pressure-washed the driveway and garage, laid the rug on the driveway, shampooed the rug with Woolite and rinsed it, then laid it on the clean garage floor to dry. M finished building the gate for our fence (he's so handy, that husband of mine! He built an entire fence himself for our huge yard... 2/3 of an acre!), C skipped up and down the driveway, and H sat in his highchair and ate. It was fun to all be outside together, even if it meant the kids were up later than I would have liked.

7. I foresee a busy, outdoor weekend as we try to restore order to our backyard after havoc wreaked by the torrential rain and the broken water main (oh yes... adding insult to injury) that re-flooded our backyard. On a happy note, my tomatoes are finally turning red, and I even have a few new (very small) green ones on the bush. I may have enough for all of us to eat 1 pizza. Drat those deer!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got the rug clean! :)
    That stinks about stepping in dog poop. eeew. I stepped in Avery's poop the other day. :( One of the most disgusting things in the world. Potty training is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 It still grosses me out, ha ha!!!

    #2 I know!! I hate that soooooooo much!!! The hate is everywhere. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Arrested Development. :)

    Hope you had a great outdoorsy weekend! It was so gorgeous here--starting to feel like fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan-- I picked up C's poop one time, thinking it was a toy orange (guess who'd been eating sweet potatoes and carrots). It was almost as gross as the rug incident.

    Leila-- I think so much of the hate stems from ignorance about the Church. So many things from the past have put a sour taste in people's mouths, but think about America-- we definitely have unpleasant events in our past (and MANY more of them, especially given our short history!), but those are considered "past" and not held against us. Hmmm.

    Kelly-- Jealous of the Fall weather! We're just rainy and humid here in Texas now. We did get A LOT of work done outside, though, even in the rain!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails