In a shameless ploy to garner more followers and draw out the "lurkers," I'm having a COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY this week!
I'm giving away my duplicate copy of Cooking in Style the Costco Way.
I'm going to be totally honest-- if you're not the winner, then you can still get every single recipe in the book online HERE. Costco hands their cookbooks out free in their stores each year (a different one each year) and then also publishes them online. But... if you want to OWN a copy, enter to win! I ended up with two of the same cookbooks somehow (my in-laws? My husband brought one home, too? Who knows?) and would love for YOU to have it in your kitchen.
The Grasshopper Parfaits and Iced Mocha Martinis make it worth it, no matter what.
Ways to enter:
1) Comment on this post. Tell me how amazing I am. Or how amazing you are. Or how amazing God/your kids/your pets/your husband/the weird guy at the grocery store is.
2) Leave a comment on ANY of my other posts, then come back to this one and let me know you did. To help you out, the scorpion posts (especially the older ones) are good reads. See "labels" on the sidebar for the topics.
3) Follow publicly (as in, your gorgeous pic will show up over on the right side of my screen) and leave a comment telling me that you do. If you already follow publicly, leave a comment telling me this.
4) Add my blog to your blog list (the one visible on your home page) and let me know, OR mention this giveaway on your blog. Or do both, and I'll throw in an extra entry.
5) Do a random act of kindness. Let me know that you did... you can tell about it, or just mention that you did. I figure that making the world a nicer place is always a good thing.
That's FIVE (really six since I'm being extra generous) ways right there to enter! When I first told Lauren that I was going to have a giveaway (umm... this was MONTHS ago, right after I split my private blog into two blogs in order to take one public), I'm pretty sure she was one of 3 people who commented, and thus had excellent odds of winning. Therefore, Lauren, you get an extra entry just for being a faithful reader/commenter/roomie/bridesmaid/friend. Yay for you!
I'll announce the winner NEXT Thursday using a highly scientific method that involves Advanced Calculus.
Actually, it doesn't. I'm going to put the foam bath numbers 0-9 (or rather, 0-the highest tens/hundreds digit) in the tub with my kids. I'll have my daughter grab a number, mix them all up again, then have my son grab one (which he will likely try to eat). If there are more than 100 entries (Ha! Lisa snorts at that thought), I'll mix them all up again and have my daughter fish out another number.
Thus, I'm going to close the giveaway at MIDNIGHT CST on Wednesday, September 1 (Seriously... it's almost September??) and announce the winner the next morning. Your book will be mailed to you by the next week!
One more thing: I'm posting a picture tomorrow of a dress I MADE. Yes, I, who barely knew how to use a sewing machine until M's wonderful aunt showed me the light (literally... she turned the machine on for me and a light came on), MADE my beautiful daughter a beautiful dress. Coming back tomorrow to see it will be worth your time!
Halloween Porch
5 days ago

You ARE awesome! Yea for fun giveaways and faithful followers! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to have found your blog and just started publicly following yesterday! And I love the way you're determining the winner :)
ReplyDeleteYou have cute kiddos (even if you don't post pics of them here).
ReplyDeleteI want a cookbook! (please)
And if it helps, I give away lots of vegetables.
I just discovered your blog through Jen's and am super excited to see more homeschooling posts since we are discerning this for our kiddos- they are 2.5 and 1- I like to start early! :)
ReplyDeleteMarilyn from Nolan says that she is so proud of your cooking skills, and would definitely like to be entered into your cookbook drawing. Me, do something nice? Naah. Never. Not my style. I will just continue to torture 165 APIII Juniors at Mansfield High. Love keeping up with you Lisa!
ReplyDeleteYou ARE amazing because even in the wee hours of a college morning you had a huge smile on your face in aerobic walking- of all the not.so.fun places to be in the am.
ReplyDelete