I've noticed the oddest phenomenon in the blogging world. Well, technically I've seen it on other popular websites that allow comments, so I guess I shouldn't limit it to blogging.
FIRST!
Over and over again, I see people writing
FIRST!
when they are the first person to leave a comment. Often, that's the only comment they leave.
FYI, there is no prize for being the first person to comment. There is no recognition or respect given to someone whose only contribution is to write the word "First." What a waste of time and keystrokes.
But my favorite scenario has to be the following...
Take a look at comment #8. This makes me laugh. Bet she felt silly when she went back and looked at all the comments.
Edited to add: And for the record, also "amusingly" annoying is the fact that my blog feed still continues to update about 10 hours (at least) late. NO idea why. The Kitchen blog shows posts immediately. My private blog, if taken public, shows posts immediately. I may be pulling all of my hair out this next week if I can't figure it out. However, I am in need of a haircut, so this may be a two birds-one stone kind of situation.
Halloween Porch
5 days ago

I guess I'm the first here... but not on purpose! Sorry! My blogroll has been doing that too! I will not see someone updated for hours... or my new posts won't show up on other blogrolls for the longest time... while others show up within minutes! If you figure this out, please let me know! I'm at a total loss about it!
ReplyDeleteThat made me laugh, Jenny! I'm glad you were first! I only would have rolled my eyes if you'd had NOTHING else to say except, "FIRST!"
ReplyDeleteIsn't that annoying about the blog roll? I've written Blogger support about it and some other Blogger help sites, but no real success yet. (Sigh) I'll let you know if I hear anything, definitely.