Friday, February 12, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 4)

1. I love Chai tea. We buy boxes of concentrate at Costco and then I mix 1 part concentrate with 1 part milk. It's absolutely delicious and gives me a bit of a caffeine fix. I must have been pretty tired this last week when I went to mix it one morning, though...

This is Chai tea concentrate.

This is not.

 This is what I mixed with my milk.

It was NOT absolutely delicious, and the only reason I didn't notice at first when I poured the concentrate was because my sense of smell (pre-Neti Pot) was missing. I had to make a new cup of tea. Sigh.

2. I am ridiculously obsessed with these two Sesame Street videos. I loved the Spin Doctors "Two Princes" song when I was in junior high, and Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" song always makes me smile when it comes on the radio. So, when C and I saw these videos on Sesame Street in the last two weeks, I was thrilled! It's the little things in life, people.





3. I almost feel badly for the pro-choice people who spent a week shrieking about the Tebow "Choose Life" Superbowl ad. Almost. It makes me sad (sad? hmm... not actually sure if that's the right feeling here) when I think about how many of those people revealed their true colors-- choose abortion, not life. The ad was so restrained that it just made the furor all the more ridiculous.

4. Only in Austin would you see this car:

M and I actually saw this car driving around town. It's ridiculous. 

5. One of the reasons I love living in Hill Country/Austin area is all of the great kid-oriented festivals: Zilker Park Kite Festival, Buda Wiener Dog Races, Wimberley EmilyAnn Theatre Butterfly Festival, etc. These are all coming up in the next few months-- whoo hoo! Hopefully we'll be able to make it to at least 2 out of the 3 events again. Last year my parents, C, and I flew an Elmo kite at Zilker Park and Clare and I fed watermelon to butterflies. M had to miss out on both, unfortunately, so here's hoping that he can join us this year.

6. Another reason I love this area is the Big Blue Barn, which is owned by the Arnosky Family. They grow veggies, flowers, and other plants. Every Saturday they're open full-service, and during the week they're self-serve. I like that-- you can get some things and just leave the money in a lock-box. It makes me feel like we live in a great small town (which we do). I'm hoping to take the kids this weekend a get some anemones or ranunculus-- both look gorgeous now! Take a look at their anemones...
 
 I know. Pretty, right?

I may just buy Valentine flowers for our family. I've never been one to need my husband to buy me flowers, anyway. Flowers are for every day, not one day a year.

7. I bought a new humidifier for H, since C has one in her room, but H is the super-stuffy one right now. It's amazing, and thus far (2 nights) I completely recommend it. It puts out a lot of moisture and H and I were both breathing better in the morning. I may have to replace the one in C's room with another Safety First kind. It's filterless and easier to clean! I never thought I'd be one to wax on about humidifiers, but stuffy little sleepers do not a good night for Mama make. (I can't decide if that last bit sounds adorably literary or just awkward).

1 comment:

  1. LOL about your tea/broth incident!! Oh Lis...that is TOOOO funny! (I love Chai tea, too. It's been my special evening treat since Christmas. YUM.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails