Friday, February 5, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 3)

1. Forget all about how amazing I thought Prednisone was. Yes, it's helped my ulcerative colitis flare. Yes, I had amazing energy for a while. BUT... I woke up yesterday feeling as if my knees were being crushed by a giant. I fell all over the house and could barely walk, as I'm being weaned off the meds. I can't wait to get back to normal (and for my puffy face to get back to normal!). I'd rather have less energy but more physical ability any day!

2. What would I do without my parents and in-laws? I am so blessed that they are able to help out. Mom showed up last night to help watch C while I take H with me to the doctor (for the whole Prednisone side-effect thing).

3. Double ear infection= no fun for Mommy or C. She's pushed every limit possible the last few days and has developed quite the daredevil nature... standing on EVERY chair/bed in the house and then cracking up. She's become well-acquainted with time-outs the past couple of days.

4. Thomas the Tank Engine is awesome. Especially when it comes to entertaining a 2-year-old. Especially when Mommy can barely walk. We watched LOTS of Thomas yesterday. And I don't feel the slightest bit guilty.

5. I always forget how good a fresh pear tastes. Why don't I buy them more often?

6. I love my new Petunia Pickle Bottom bag. It makes me happy. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

7. I'm enjoying working on the blog early in the morning while the kids are still in bed. It's nice to have something just for me.

2 comments:

  1. OH NO!!! Poor Lisa!!!! i'm sorry, sweetie. I hoep you recover (and Clare recovers!) quickly!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails