Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A visit from Saint... Skunk-olas?

While M was bathing C and H last night, I quietly grabbed the kids' shoes and a couple of gold dollar coins, put the shoes on the front porch, and tucked the coins inside. I slipped back inside the house and casually wandered into the bathroom.

Did you hear that?, I asked.

No, Mommy. What was it?, 3-year-old C replied.

I heard a sound outside! I wonder who it could be?, I continued, with feigned amazement and carefully concealed pride in my own cleverness.

I think it's a skunk, Mommy. Don't go out there. He's probably stinky, C decided.

Can you tell we don't live in the middle of the city? When St. Nicholas visits, he has to contend with raccoons, skunks, deer, and foxes. Poor guy.

2 comments:

  1. JIngle Smells! Wherever did you find that!

    Too fun to celebrate!!! Love it!

    Course I want to know the "rest of the story"! C's reaction, of course!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails