Friday, December 17, 2010

Advent miracle #2!

Wow... my prayer buddy (praying for me) appears to have a direct line to God. If you know who she is, I suggest that you direct all of your prayer requests to her.

Although another friend and I are also being prayer buddies this season, so maybe I should split the credit for this miraculous event...

Anyway, no matter who deserves the credit, here's the miracle I'm discussing:

I was having a very busy, stressful, and overall frustrating day. Kids who wouldn't nap, errands that were only half-completed, a one-year-old who refused all food, a three-year-old who argued with everything, and several other complications to my day in general, including a terrible 12-hour headache that triumphed over the best medications/water/food/exercise that I could throw at it.

At the end of the day, all I wanted was to go to bed and hope the next day would not be miserable. However, M suggested that I take a nice bath after the kids were in bed. WOW-- novel idea for me! I have probably only taken 10 baths in the past 4+ years since I've been married/been a mom. I don't find them as relaxing as I used to, since I'm typically interrupted by a hungry baby, upset toddler, or talkative spouse. But, M promised to leave me in peace so I could read a magazine and soak.

Ahhhh!

My favorite thing to do is read a "fluff" book or magazine in the bath. Something that doesn't require any much brainpower. I didn't have any books that fit the bill in my room, and I'd already read Parents, Southern Living, and National Geographic for the month (not that the last one is a fluffy magazine at all). All I had was the latest Economist, which I love but thought was a bit too heavy for the tub.

 I resigned myself to The Economist, still wishing I had something else to read, and ran the water.

 The magazine we got in the mail that day

 I was surprised to see that JCPenney was now advertising in The Economist

 WHAT? Advent miracle! The outside cover was The Economist, but the inside was People! Fluff magazine extraordinaire! 

The headache was gone within the next 10 minutes of soaking and soaking in useless celebrity news.

10 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!!!! that is crazy! :) hahaha I love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahha!!! This post had me laughing!! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT?!!!!! Wow. I think that would only happen to you, and as always, you tell the story with perfect wit! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK I thought that this was all supposed to be sarcastic and that you put the cover on yourself...? No? It looks like the cover of economist was ripped off and put on the People...I can't handle the not-knowing. hahaha ;) Love this post regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary-- nope... this was for real 100%! The only deceptive thing about the pics is that the magazine actually had TWO Economist covers. One was addressed to us and another one (even more mangled) was addressed to someone else (who lives about 50 miles away). There were no Economist "guts" at all, just the People "innards" (no People cover, either). I really did get in the bath thinking that I was reading the Economist, since it has arrived before with a torn or completely ripped cover. What a nice surprise (though now I'll have to listen to the Economist podcast to catch up on my world news).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE IT! hahaha! It seriously is a little miracle for you I suppose! :) :)
    That is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely hilarious!!!! Only you! Told perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails