Dear Prayer Buddy,
Oops-- I fell behind in my posts to you... I had this one written but will have to pre-date it so that it shows up on a Tuesday, like my other posts to you.
JOY! You know what... I have a feeling that joy can be a terrifying concept to you. When what you truly desire is withheld, having joy about anything else can seem puny in comparison. However, my mantra this week is JOY. Joy in all that you do. Joy in knowing that in Him you can continue to hope.
It can be hard to be joyful-- our busy lives seem determined to steal our joy from us, much like the Grinch attempts to do to the Whos. But, just as Cindy Lou Who and all the other Whos in Whoville held on to hope and joy in the midst of sadness, so I pray that you, too, will grab on to joy this week and experience the fullness of joy that Christ promises us.
I have a 3 year old daughter who is really getting what the Christmas season is all about this year. Yes, she's excited that someone in a red suit will be bringing presents on Christmas, but she's even more excited about finding a gift for Baby Jesus. That childlike joy and anticipation that she is experiencing, and the profound joy that I feel as I watch her, is what I pray you will be filled with this week. Joy in hoping that this next year will be YOUR year. Joy in knowing that even when humans let you down, even when your body lets you down, you still have reason to rejoice and continue to hope.
I thank you for taking the emphasis off me and allowing me to pray for your joy. My own prayer buddy has somehow helped to fill me with so much joy that I can't help but beg for that same gift for you.
Joyfully yours,
Lisa

No comments:
Post a Comment