Friday, December 10, 2010

Magazine GIVEAWAY!


I LOVE reading Southern Living. The homes... the flowers... the recipes... (Lisa swoons at this point).

So, one of you lucky readers (all 4 of you who read and comment...) will be getting YOUR VERY OWN one-year subscription to Southern Living. Fun!

Oh yes, and Kate, who confessed yesterday that she reads, thinks my blog is hilarious, and yet never comments... calling you out Kate (and Joanna and Diana and my mom who doesn't even read this)

This is totally the time for any lurkers to come out of the lurking closet. I know lots of people are reading, based on the stats, but I'm getting depressed and feeling like I'm writing for no one.

No one... no one... no one (the words echo endlessly across the galaxy)

So, make my day. Let me know you're here! Leave a comment and let me know two things: 1) how you found my blog and 2) your favorite flower you grow/would like to grow. That seems very Southern Living-appropriate.

I'll choose a winner next Tuesday, using some yet-to-be-determined creative drawing.

13 comments:

  1. Okay, you got me this time. Mainly because my mom gets Southern Living, and I love reading her magazines. :) In all seriousness, your blog is on my google reader, so I have been reading it since you began. I love Texas wildflowers and sprinkled some seeds this fall in hopes they will bloom in the spring. Wish me luck! But, I have to admit, I love planting veggies, herbs, and fruits more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I'm a lurker who rarely comments! I honestly can't remember how I found your blog - I assume through a comment or link from someone else's blog.

    We don't really grow flowers (just a veggie garden for now, and hopefully eventually fruit trees), but my favorite flowers when we lived in Houston were the magnolias. (Does that count even though they're trees?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love southern living! :):)

    1)no clue! Probably clicking on one blog that lead me to another, etc...

    2) hmm..not sure on the type of flower but I would love to grow fresh herbs-mmm Rosemary, basil, cilantro, etc!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you had me at the title - anything with Joy in it is right up my alley! I found your blog through Lauren and although you didn't ask, I think you are super sweet, level-headed, bold (in a good way - you stand up for the TRUTH even when it might not be popular), and you wrote me a super nice e-mail while I was pining away homesick in a foreign country and for that...I am a reader FOREVER and don't you forget it (even if I am horrible when it comes to commenting sometimes...my sincere apologies) and I owe an e-mail about all of your questions. They are predicting a blizzard tomorrow 5-9 inches of snow, sub-zero temps, windchills in the -30s, and lots of wind...so I think I will stay inside and bake and respond to your e-mail.

    Woah...major tangent. Back to the topic at hand. My favorite flower is the gebera daisy (?), but I don't know how to grow them, but would like to. Oh, obviously I don't live in the South given the weather forcast above, but I LOVE Southerners and think you all have major amounts of polish and class and your accent is so stinking cute! Although a magazine won't teach me to talk like y'all, I think it could help me in the class and charm department. (Will groveling work?) :) Oh wait, that is not a Southern thing to do...strike that. I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helloooo :) I read and comment...and love your blog...and love southern living too!...I wish I was actually southern so I could pull the whole thing off ;)

    Anyway, I found your blog through Catholic IFers or Leila's or something :) Started out because I'm friends with Beth and Jenny (beautiful day and all things)...
    Flowers I love and would love to grow...TULIPS! love em. They were all over my college campus when I was in school, but since then I haven't seen many. Looks like I have a spring project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's see...how did I find your blog? It all started when my hair fell down at prom and you happened to be in the bathroom and helped me fix it! :)

    I love Azaleas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for callin' me out :)
    1) Found your blog through a friend who is just CRAZY...oh, wait, that's you!

    2) Any flower that wouldn't die if left outside and forgotten about by its owner for months on end... that's my kind of flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I comment!! And I found you through Lauren. And I've never grown a flower.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, and thanks for the invitation to comment and (perhaps) receive a neat-looking magazine.

    I believe I found your blog on the sidebar of the Catholic Bubble (though I'm not 100% sure). When I find a blog I enjoy, I like to check out some of the blogs that author recommends. Always a neat way to find new ones.

    As to the flower, my dad gave me a few orchids when he was downsizing. They're not as hard to grow as I thought, and once they bloom, the blooms last for weeks & weeks. So I've found that to be a nice change from the more typical snake plant & Boston fern & African violet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, okay. I'm here!

    I found your blog through...you! Love it!

    My favorite flower is one I don't have to grow or take care of. Love fresh cut arrangements, provided by someone else. :)

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. My subscription is almost up so I'll give it a try:
    (a) Through Lauren's blog;
    (b) I don't grow plants, but I have a SL article saved from years ago for growing potted amaryllis in porcelain jars to use for Christmas table decorating. I just need to actually try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got to know you when I spent the night at your apartment and you kindly let me shadow you at school. I think I was trying to decide what to get certified to teach. I ended up teaching high school English- whoop! (after a miserable first year teaching 8th grade)

    I would love to have enough flower varieties in my garden that there is something blooming or in berries year round. I wish I had planted bulbs this fall. This spring, hopefully some Iris pretties will show up (left over from the previous house owners).

    Pick me, pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1) My mother sent me a link to your blog so I have been following you in my google reader ever since! :)
    2) Knock-out roses. I would love to be more adventuresome but that is something I can handle right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails