I've gotten terribly lax in the hydration-department lately. This is especially bad since I'm still nursing my son (almost 1 year now!). I've noticed a general feeling of lethargy in my day-to-day activities; likewise, I'm finding that allergies are affecting me more and a bad allergy spell has turned into a sinus infection a few times in the past couple of months. With two children, I have to be able to keep up. I don't like dragging through the day, and I don't like the toll it take on my appearance. Shallow, perhaps, but true. I'm in my early 30's, not early 60's (but you look great, Mom!).
So, I turned over a new leaf last week!
Every night I fill a 2-quart pitcher with water and put it in the refrigerator. The next day, I drink all of my water from that pitcher and try not only to finish it, but to have at least two more glasses of water. Nursing moms are advised to drink 13 cups a day, so this helps me to hit that goal. And for the record-- pregnant women should be drinking 10 cups a day. So, drink up, Diana, Joanna, Diem, and Christy! And all of my pregnant blogger friends, of course!
Halloween Porch
5 days ago

I love to drink water! It is my beverage of choice, and I carry a Nalgene bottle around with me. :) My sister in law calls it my third arm. haha My goal is always to drink two of them in a day. Interesting about the 13 cups a day for a nursing mom! Maybe I should adjust my goal to two and a half bottles since it is a 32 oz bottle.!
ReplyDeleteThat's great, Lisa! I was just thinking today about how I am being really lax about my water consumption. I also learned that room temperature water is more easily absorbable by your body and hydrates your cells more efficiently, so we leave our water out on the counter all the time. I also find it's easier to drink in large quantities when it is not ice cold.
ReplyDeleteBTW, have you tried stinging nettles for allergies? I make an infusion every day for energy and stamina during pregnancy but I've heard it works wonders for seasonal allergies too!