OK, so I've done a pretty good job of keeping politics out of this blog. This may be the only political post you'll see here. However, I was burned up when Nancy Pelosi had the audacity to talk about how today is the feast day of St. Joseph the Worker (actually, it's not... that's in May. Today is St. Joseph, the husband of Mary. I'll get to that in a second) and that Catholics pray TO St. Joseph (really? We do?) and that it's a special day because she's calling on him to get the health care bill passed for workers.
1) I find it incredibly insulting that she would use a man, whom God chose to raise His son, in order to push forward legislation that allows public funds to be used to end the lives of unexpected and unwanted children. The fact that today's feast day celebrates LIFE and acceptance of unexpected circumstances and trust in God just makes it all the more insensitive of her.
2) I'm too steamed up now to bother with a second point. See number 1 again. The end. I'm going to go elliptical (that's right, I just turned it into a verb) off my frustration.
PS I find the comments associated with the linked YouTube video vulgar, and don't advocate them. It's the only video I could find of this, though. Please ignore the comments.

Hadn't heard about that. Glad you posted it. I'd be irate, too! Preach it, girl! It's "Catholics" like that...
ReplyDelete