This article helps to put the Catholic Church/Pope Benedict issues into perspective. Reading the entire thing, especially the e-mail sent to the young man, is incredibly enlightening.
Here's one excerpt that is of particular importance, in my opinion:
All of this (she is referring to how many priests have been treated poorly based on the immoral actions of a few) is a little analogous to Abu Ghraib. Because of the behavior of a distinct minority of soldiers, our whole armed forces were tarnished. Also, we see that in the NYC Public School system, the sexual abuse of students is approximately 500 times more prevalent than it is within the church, which -were that widely known- would sully the reputations of countless fine teachers.
**The red portion is my note
Pray for the Church and our Pope during this Easter season.

Wow- excellent, excellent article. Thanks so much for posting it. I hadn't read up on any of this and feel so much more informed and prepared now. Thank you. I thought I'd plug a link on my blog back to yours to build readers but then remembered you're private! Shoot! Mind if I share the info? I'll give you a shout-out! :)
ReplyDeletePS I told the story tonight about when we were moving out and you and Matt moved all the furniture while I was sleeping. I told about how I got up in the morning and was like, "WHAT isg oing on??? Were we robbed and the kind burglers let me sleep?!" :)