I've sat on this story for quite some time. You know how you sometimes have good news that you really want to share, but you don't know 100% if you should share it or not, because there's a chance that nothing might come of it?
What? You have no idea what I'm talking about? And you found that last sentence to be horribly convoluted and confusing? Hmm.
I've had a couple of dreams in my life that have "come true" in real life-- I put that in quotation marks because coming true didn't happen exactly like I'd dreamed, but the dream ended up playing a big role in real life.
My dear friend Lauren blogged about one of these dreams and how it influenced her husband's and her emotional and spiritual commitment to two precious babies that they were unable to physically parent.
Another time, as Lauren anxiously awaited the birth of her sweet daughter, I sent her an e-mail in the middle of the night, just two days before her daughter was born.
I just had a dream that your baby girl was born and you named her Abigail (Joy/Father's Joy) Marie (ok, that means bitter... maybe bitter joy after losing the other children??) _______. If that IS the name, I'm going to try to induce a dream, go back to sleep, then wake up and buy a lottery ticket.
Love,
L
She and her husband hadn't considered the name "Abigail" before, but as her husband wrote in his blog, it was the perfect name for a much-longed-for child who brought such joy to her father-- and mother!
In both of these instances, the dream served as a catalyst, but real life was not an exact replica of the dream.
Ok, so now that you know the background of a couple of my dreams that have been (somewhat) actualized in real life (though for the record, I have yet to be chased around a wood pile by the Big Bad Wolf, forced to run from flying monkeys, lost all of my teeth, or shown up for a final exam after skipping every single class), here's the dream that is on my mind now.
And it has been recurring for several months. Vividly.
Through Lauren's struggles with infertility, I've gotten to "know" several infertile/sub-fertile Catholic women who blog, and I pray for all of them regularly. One woman, however, has taken over many of my dreams.
Several months ago, I first dreamed about meeting this woman. The scenario was quite believable (aside from the fact that she introduced herself by her blog name!) and in my dream I thought, "Wow! I feel like I already know her. And I have a feeling her life is going to change soon." Just then, she turned around and I saw her very pregnant belly. In my dream (and every one of these dreams since) it was Christmastime, so in real life this past Christmas season I was holding my breath and checking her blog regularly to see if she had any big announcements.
I can't write more about this particular blogger without likely giving away who she is (I don't want to do this for fear of disappointing her), but if she reads this, all I can say is not to lose hope! All of us need to cling to hope, and I have such faith that, in whatever way God plans, this dream of mine will be realized in her life. I feel very called to put this out there, because I think she needs to believe.
Whew. Weight off my chest. :-)
Halloween Porch
5 days ago

Very neat! I remember them blogging about Abigail's name! Another blogger had a similar situation that was brushed aside, but ended up coming joyfully true.
ReplyDeleteI know you aren't taking requests, but dream happy dreams about me, please. ;) I need good thoughts!
This is amazing!! I sure hope that dream comes true!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear the rest of the story someday!
ReplyDeleteWowsers - this is an amazing dream! I too can't wait to read the rest of the story. I don't have dreams, but I had premonitions about 2 bloggers being pregnant - very vivid, gut feeling intuition - but not something I saw in a dream and more than just the "I will pray for you and I hope you get pregnant, kind of stuff". Anyway, both of them did very shortly within a week after having this gut feeling...it was crazy. I don't know what it means and even with both of my own pregnancies, I didn't have that premonition that "oh, this will be the cycle", etc. I knew when the symptoms started showing up.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, great to hear someone is having dreams about others getting pregnant - that would be great! Oh, and I like Abigail Marie - but maybe I am biased a bit! :) God Bless you and I love your NEW HEADER!
This will make for a great link to one of your future posts! How exciting...
ReplyDeleteLove this post! You always crack me up! I am dying to know who the blogger is!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I also LOVE the new header!