Thursday, April 3, 2008

My closet is Hell

This is not a funny, ironic, "my closet is a mess" kind of post. No, my friends, this is a "Lisa has come face-to-face with her understanding of Hell" kind of post. Let me explain...

M is still off in New York, leaving me and C to work on whipping the house into shape (much slower than I'd ever anticipated). Since C and I are heading back home tomorrow, I thought I'd go ahead and organize my closet a bit and pack. Oh no, my friends, oh no. That will not be happening. There will be no closet organizing. After I flipped on the closet light today, I heard a rustling noise above my head. I thought that maybe a moth was hitting against a plastic hanger. And then, I look up to see THIS:


I would advise clicking the photo in order to enlarge it... then you'll understand my horror. THREE SCORPIONS (1 huge, 1 medium, 1 deceptively small) were in the light globe, which I assume means that they came in from the attic. I called my mom immediately to tell her I might be heading home tonight instead of tomorrow. When I explained that the scorpions appeared to be fighting and locked in mortal combat, she mused about when their mating season is. Not only did this scare the daylights out of me even MORE, it also says something about mom's mind, I think. Get it out of the gutter, Mom!

There is also a scorpion in my husband's closet globe. I turned on both lights and left them on... hopefully these guys will die miserable deaths up there and it will be a warning to their friends. Our neighbors have told their horror stories about scorpions, but I naively believed I didn't have to go into panic mode until May. Hmm... guess not. This has become my idea of Hell.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails